Evening: I escaped the actual job...but am hoping to guide the owners a bit, on this 240, 6 speed
that will not shift 1/2/3/R gears, and was stuck with two gears engaged that should not be.
I didn't see the stick positions before they opened it up. Since then they got the gears into neutral
and the rear wheels now turn, but shift forks will not move, except for the high/low stick.
Anyway I did find that removing the securing bolt from the shift forks, the forks will move on the shift rail, and engage gears, but the actual rails are stuck in the neutral position if things were normal, the detents are correct position for neutral and the actual detent pins are removed.
they are going to remove the tranny top to try seeing what is with the plate and balls/bracket at the end of the shift rails. the Massy books don't show much detail on what the assembly does and how it does, maybe a bolt has come loose/fell out and the plate has dropped in a slot of the shift rail?
Both rails are stuck "solid", not even the slightest movement in either direction.
Also I should ask if there are any hydraulic pump/valve guides or rollers they should be looking for, similar to the 135 models.
Tks for any suggestions, as it may turn into a pick up the pieces situation as they progress...
that will not shift 1/2/3/R gears, and was stuck with two gears engaged that should not be.
I didn't see the stick positions before they opened it up. Since then they got the gears into neutral
and the rear wheels now turn, but shift forks will not move, except for the high/low stick.
Anyway I did find that removing the securing bolt from the shift forks, the forks will move on the shift rail, and engage gears, but the actual rails are stuck in the neutral position if things were normal, the detents are correct position for neutral and the actual detent pins are removed.
they are going to remove the tranny top to try seeing what is with the plate and balls/bracket at the end of the shift rails. the Massy books don't show much detail on what the assembly does and how it does, maybe a bolt has come loose/fell out and the plate has dropped in a slot of the shift rail?
Both rails are stuck "solid", not even the slightest movement in either direction.
Also I should ask if there are any hydraulic pump/valve guides or rollers they should be looking for, similar to the 135 models.
Tks for any suggestions, as it may turn into a pick up the pieces situation as they progress...