MF 30 Industrial 3-point parts

mindheavy

New User
Hey everyone! I just recently picked up a Massey Industrial 30 that needs a little love. There are several parts of the tractor I am working through and today's questions is about the three point system on it.

From other pictures out there I believe I am missing a sort of bracket that the top link would connect to. I'm not good on all the terminology yet but there is a spring/piston at the top where I think this bracket should go. The bracket goes from this location down towards the PTO and has holes for the top link.

Here's a pic of my tractor:
i-NKjS3Zk-XL.jpg

And here's a pic from the web of another that I think is the same:
i-LJVZvkS.jpg

Anyone know what the part is called? I've had a difficult time finding much on this tractor. Is this part actually required? The hole for a pin or bolt in it is not the same diameter (7/8" for CAT 1) as the other 3-point links. Hopefully I can get this part somehow and get back to a functioning three point setup.

Thanks!

That's good to hear, I don't need to keep searching for a missing part. But I do wonder, the lower arms are sized for CAT 1 and that existing hole in the upper location is just a little larger than 3/4". A CAT 0 pin is very loose in it.

Is there a standard way to put a CAT 1 top link in this setup?

Also, as I'm trying to learn here, can I ask why you say this tractor would have never had the bracket I thought was missing?

Thanks

The bracket wouldn't fit the top connection on your tractor and the bottom attachment point is not on your tractor. It is doubtful the bracket and attaching parts were removed from yours and replaced by what you have now.

mvphoto112428.jpg

mvphoto112429.jpg

The cat 1 top link uses a 3/4 inch pin. Your tractor is the same as the MF 35 farm tractor with the drum brakes. Your second pic is the heavier 165/175 size tractors
with the inboard disc brakes that did use the three point yoke bracket.

Thanks to the both of you. I didn't even notice the detail on my provided example and how it differs from mine for that bracket... and I also had no idea the top link is a different diameter pin than the lift arms... much to learn!

Looks like (aside from fixing some of the damage on the lift arms) I just need to source a decent top link and that will be functional again.

(quoted from post at 18:28:15 12/14/23) Thanks to the both of you. I didn't even notice the detail on my provided example and how it differs from mine for that bracket... and I also had no idea the top link is a different diameter pin than the lift arms... much to learn!

Looks like (aside from fixing some of the damage on the lift arms) I just need to source a decent top link and that will be functional again.

You just need a category 1 top link. If you don't have a tractor place in your town, go to Tractor Supply Company on the net and order one. You don't need any specific part number. They are for all Category 1 3 point systems.

They actually come in different lengths, long and short. Usually you can get away with one. I have two of them. I have a shorter one for my mower so I don't have to take the long one and screw the ends almost all the way in to fit the mower. It's just for convenience. I could probably use the longer one if I had to.

Below is a standard adjustable top link. It adjusts from 21" to 28". You can buy shorter or longer top links. It all depends on the length of the barrel part that the screw eye ends thread into.

FhaD8q9l.jpg

This post was edited by Caryc on 12/17/2023 at 08:34 am.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back