MF 35 1963 model Question

Sandie69

I have found numerous oil leaks on my tractor that I recently purchased. I will rebuild the injector pump as it leaks also. Front
seal leaks back seal leaks pto seal leaks. All seals leak I guess. I can see them all since pressure washing it. Noticed radiator
not in the best of shape either. Little disappointed in myself now for buying that tractor at the price I did. Anyway the reason
for this post is I plan to bust the tractor in half in a few weeks hopefully to replace the rear seal. I cant seem to find a clutch
alignment tool that is sold by itself to align everything back up when I replace it. Anyone know where I can get one from?

Good morning Sandies69

When the time arrives that my 1963 MF 35 3 cylinder Perkins diesel requires a REAR CRANKSHAFT OIL SEAL replacement, I shall most likely replace with a seal as per below.

The seal is available through a wholesaler in Ontario. KH Supply carry's the brand Quality Tractor Parts from Ireland.

They supply several retailers in Canada. https://www.easytractorparts.com

The part number for the modified lip seal is 64965

Quality Tractor Parts is good quality.
It's my understanding, the engineering into the OIL SEAL design was carried out in Ireland.

There has been several YT members who have purchased the above seal,but I HAVE NOT seen any information on the out come .

Bob..

cvphoto155266.jpg

cvphoto155267.jpg

It is an interesting idea. I've seen a few ads for this product, but like you, have seen no reviews.

I assume the seal itself must be made from some super flexible material that allows it to stretch over the flywheel flange and still maintain its shape?

Info I received from Quality Tractor Parts out of Ireland.
A Mr Allen Buckley

To: [email protected] <[email protected]>
Cc: Kendal Hills <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 12:55:34 AM
Subject: <No Subject Provided>

Good Morning ( for me ) Mr Sipe

This product was my design so I can talk about it all day long. I saw the project from design to testing.

It works like a charm. To install, boil water and put seal in for 5 mins.

Then put over crank boss and install new housing.

You need midget fingers to install the top center and bottom center screws but youll get there.

If it leaks ill come over and clean it up for you.

Kind Regards,

Allen Buckley

Global Business Development Manager.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back