Roger37
08-22-2007 17:44:38
64.12.116.17
84957
Report to Moderator
Delete
Well I'm back...found out it wasn't the coil as I switched it with one from another MF-35. By the way, it was an internal resistor coil as I had 12 volts at the ignition switch side of the coil with points closed and key on. Still don't get any spark from the coil (held the coil wire 1/4" from ground ). Also, when I put my coil on the other tractor it started right up. Someone told me it's the regulator, but I thought that only had to do with the charging system not the primary starting system? It turns over real strong, just has no spark. Ideas?
[Reply] [No Email]
08-22-2007 17:44:38
64.12.116.17
84957
Report to Moderator
Delete
Well I'm back...found out it wasn't the coil as I switched it with one from another MF-35. By the way, it was an internal resistor coil as I had 12 volts at the ignition switch side of the coil with points closed and key on. Still don't get any spark from the coil (held the coil wire 1/4" from ground ). Also, when I put my coil on the other tractor it started right up. Someone told me it's the regulator, but I thought that only had to do with the charging system not the primary starting system? It turns over real strong, just has no spark. Ideas?
[Reply] [No Email]