MF 35 oil pressure gauge

Catalpha

New User
My family recently got a 1963 MF 35 with a gas engine. The oil pressure gauge is broken and needs to be replaced. We searched the engine and checked the shop manual, and can't find a sensor for the oil pressure. Where exactly can we connect the oil pressure gauge?
Thanks in advance.

My family recently got a 1963 MF 35 with a gas engine. The oil pressure gauge is broken and needs to be replaced. We searched the engine and checked the shop manual, and can't find a sensor for the oil pressure. Where exactly can we connect the oil pressure gauge?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forums.

The Massey Ferguson 135 originally used a mechanical, not electric, oil pressure gauge. If someone has not converted it to an electric gauge the oil pressure gauge will have a small pipe connected to it which goes to the port in the oil galley that supplies the gauge. If the oil tube is still connected on both ends you only need a new gauge with the same size and thread for the tube connection as the old gauge.

The 135 also used a 3-cylinder Perkins gas engine or a 4-cylinder Continental engine. Which does your tactor have?

Thank you so much! I'm new to the world of tractor repair, so thanks for your help and patience as well.

I'm not sure if it's been converted or not, although we didn't find a pipe. Where should we look for it? We thought it would be down in the block, but we didn't see one. The engine is the 4-cylinder Continental. Also, it's a 35 and not a 135.

Thank you so much! I'm new to the world of tractor repair, so thanks for your help and patience as well.

I'm not sure if it's been converted or not, although we didn't find a pipe. Where should we look for it? We thought it would be down in the block, but we didn't see one. The engine is the 4-cylinder Continental. Also, it's a 35 and not a 135.
My error typing 135, sorry. The 35 also used a mechanical gauge, so the info was correct for both. I will see if I have anything that shows where the tube attached to the engine.

On the right side of the engine, between the oil filter and the bell housing the block is drilled and tapped for 1/8 NPT. This is the where the pressure line for the guage connects.

I have never had luck with cheap guages. I'd use VDO, Stewart Warner, or Autometer. Preferably, marine rated Autometer. 0-50 PSI.

All right! Thanks for giving us a lead! I appreciate it. We'll check there next!
To go with Stan's info, here is a picture I was able to find. I circled the tube and fitting that threads into the block.
Capture1.JPG

The "pipe", which is usually a small steel or copper tube (sometimes plastic) is attached to the back side of the gauge. It runs to a port on the engine block, as Jim and Stan explained. If someone removed the line, there will be a plug closing off the port in the engine block, but probably nothing on the back of the gauge. steve

Thank you all so much!! Y'all are wonderful. My Pappaw and I went outside and found it right away. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. We're first-time tractor owners so this very helpful.

Thank you all so much!! Y'all are wonderful. My Pappaw and I went outside and found it right away. I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. We're first-time tractor owners so this very helpful.
First thing is to get an Operator's Manual and a Service Manual for it, they will help you as learn about it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back