MF 41 mower

Phil T

Member
I have 2 operational MF41 7 foot sickle bar mowers and a local wants to buy one. I have no idea of value, certainly don't want to give one away. I have had them for years and have kept them greased and well maintained. Doesn't seem be a great market for sickle bar mowers now around here. Any suggestions?
 
I have 2 operational MF41 7 foot sickle bar mowers and a local wants to buy one. I have no idea of value, certainly don't want to give one away. I have had them for years and have kept them greased and well maintained. Doesn't seem be a great market for sickle bar mowers now around here. Any suggestions?
They are good mowers but you might get $750 for a nice one around here, while machines like a New Idea 522/CaseIH 1300 or New Holland 451, will sell for $1500-$2000. Probably has to do with the abundance of aftermarket parts for the New Idea and New Holland mowers and lack thereof for the MF.
 
I recently paid $900 for one in Moses Lake, WA. The guy had "reconditioned" it. Put on new blades and cleaned it up some, but he really didn't know anything about it and missed some obvious grease points. There were three guards that someone had welded the tips back on, but two broke off immediately when I tried using it. Replaced those off of Ebay. The original belt tightener is gone and someone invented a threaded rod device to accomplish that task. Went and bought an operators manual and parts manual to try to get it operating correctly

I have an issue in that the bar will not lift via the mechanical design (I can still pick up the bar and stand it up). After examining the various links from the left 3-point hitch on, I've discovered that the clevis that the lift chain attaches to is hitting the frame below it and completely preventing any lift on the bar.. You can see the clevis in the parts picture attached as item 8.
In the first picture you can kind of see the bottom legs against the frame. Overlap is about 1/4". Did someone install the wrong part? Do I simply not understand how this thing is supposed to work? Any insight from those who own one would be appreciated.

BTW, $900 was far and away the cheapest sickle mower I could find within 150 miles.
20240807_142621.jpg

20240807_142001.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top