(Reposted from wrong discussion board)
Hi everyone, I m new here. I recently "inherited" a MF 35 tractor. It s a great tractor, but doesn t start if it s cold outside. I ve been doing a little research and decided to post here, hoping someone can help me. I m hoping there is an EASY way to install a glow plug so it will start in cold weather. I noticed that the the keyed ignition can turn counterclockwise but it doesn t do anything. Turning clockwise cranks the engine. Looks like a few people have messed around with the wiring over the years, there s a few that don t go anywhere, and maybe someone removed the original preheat system. I m not a mechanic, and I don t know much at all about old tractors, but I d like to learn more and I m mechanically inclined so if anyone can help out that would be great. I took a few pics. I m really hoping to find an easy way to install a glow plug and switch and get this thing running!
Hi everyone, I m new here. I recently "inherited" a MF 35 tractor. It s a great tractor, but doesn t start if it s cold outside. I ve been doing a little research and decided to post here, hoping someone can help me. I m hoping there is an EASY way to install a glow plug so it will start in cold weather. I noticed that the the keyed ignition can turn counterclockwise but it doesn t do anything. Turning clockwise cranks the engine. Looks like a few people have messed around with the wiring over the years, there s a few that don t go anywhere, and maybe someone removed the original preheat system. I m not a mechanic, and I don t know much at all about old tractors, but I d like to learn more and I m mechanically inclined so if anyone can help out that would be great. I took a few pics. I m really hoping to find an easy way to install a glow plug and switch and get this thing running!