MF "pressure control" system

DrAllis

I've never been around one of these systems for pull-type implements. I'm especially interested in the model 1100 tractor and say a 20 ?? ft disc. Was there any load sensing done at the pull point/tongue socket on the tractor?? Or was this just a certain amount of controlled hydraulic pressure being delivered to the hitch lift cylinders, say similar to air bags on a semi tractor suspension ??

No load sensing on the socket/cone hitch, operator would increase pressure as needed for traction by increasing the lift arm cylinder pressure range of 50-2300 PSI. The
control knob had three positions, DRAFT, POSITION, and PRESSURE.

OK. Thank you. That is kind of what I thought the system operation was like. The early Allis WD-45's had the snap-coupler hitch positioning the disc harrow pretty close to the rear wheels. The rear wheels were always set wide so turning could be accomplished, but at that they couldn't be turned very tight. The MF system looks similar too, but if the disc was 20 ft wide versus 13 ft that helped a bunch.

This post was edited by DrAllis on 08/02/2023 at 06:32 pm.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back