MF100 loader hydraulic oil level

wcexdf

New User
I just put a MF100 loader on my 165 tractor, drained the oil and put in 4 gallons of fresh, the amount stated in the manual. It was working OK - and then one of the hydraulic hoses let go and an unknown amount of oil sprayed out before I could get the tractor
shut off. The dipstick on the loader reservoir is missing. If anyone with one of these loaders could tell me the length of the dipstck and where the level marks are, that would be greatly appreciated.
I'm sure the loader will work fine with about 5 gal. in the reservoir, but I'd like to have something to go by. Thanks for any help you can offer!

Welcome to the forums.

You might want to ask this on the Massey Harris and Massey Ferguson Forum below. The MF loaders are discussed regularly there. Some of those loaders had a 1/4-inch NPT plug about halfway up the side frame. The oil should be at least up to that level. I did a search and found an old post with dimensions of the dipstick for a 34 Loader. I checked the parts book and it has the same part number as the 100 Loader dipstick. A link to that post is also below.

Massey Harris & Massey Ferguson Discussion Forum

April 2021 post with dipstick dimensions

Thanks a lot, that link has just the info I was looking for. At some point maybe I'll find a vent/dipstick replacement, but for now I'll make one of my own. This site has been such a help over the years
with my Oliver 55 and my MF 50 and 165. I'm not a restorer, just want to keep the old iron working.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back