MF135- Wet Brakes

ottoengineer

New User
I just picked up a new to me MF135, it is in good shape with only a few things that need to be addressed before I really put it to work. I am the 4th owner of the tractor, it was originally bought by a small town.

The left brake works really well, locks the tire up nicely, but the right side needs some adjustment. I pulled the wheels and tires (17.5lx24 in the rear) to replace the old tires, instead of finding drum brakes, it looks like I have a wet brake system.

Here are some pictures of what the bakes look like.

It also has a solid non-adjustable front axle, power steering and front end loader.

I haven't seen any documentation indicating that the MF135 came with wet brakes or 17.5lx24 tires.

Is this some sort of industrial model that originally came wet brakes or could this be some sort of retrofit?

axle.jpeg

The 135 orchard model had the inboard disk brakes along with the non-adjustable front axle (I do believe those brakes are supposed to be dry, not wet). The housings that are outboard by the wheels are plantaries.

Thanks for the quick reply. After reading some more about the orchard model, that does sound like what I have. Here are some better pictures of the front and rear axles, dash panel and the brake linkage on the axle.

Still trying to figure out exactly what I have.

frontaxle.jpeg

fullaxlerear.jpeg

dash.jpeg

brakelink.jpeg

I'd say it's definitely an orchard model, some of the 150's, and all the 165's, 175's have the same disk brakes as your 135. I would suggest draining the oil out of the planetaries, most don't know they have their own oil so it never get's changed (they use 90wt gear oil).

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back