MF175 loss of PTO + hydraulics

KelvinGrove

New User
Hi all,

We have an MF175 on our family hobby farm, which hasnt missed a beat over the years though has thrown a curveball at us with operating and my fathers age-related decline in memory etc.

Recently while using a 3PL slasher to cut grass from the roadside, he drove the tractor over a small, long section of raised ground that one wouldnt normally straddle with the tractor running a slasher.

The slasher has contacted the dirt and chewed up 20ft of ground and stalled the tractor completely before Dad realised what was happening.

On arrival I started the tractor and could see we had total loss of hydraulics (no blade or 3PL lift) as well as no PTO drive.

Seems like a strange combination to lose in one go!?
Could anyone advise where we should go from here please?

Sounds like well be splitting the tractor in half to replace the whole clutch?
How about the sudden loss of hydraulics?

Thanks in advance for your help :D

Tractor MAY have the sheared the PTO drive plate rivets, when that happens hydraulic AND PTO drive will be lost. Tractor will need split if that is the cause.

I agree with Dieseltech, the 3pt runs off the main hydraulic pump, which runs off the bottom shaft in the transmission. If you have IPTO, where you don't have to use the clutch to engage the pto, there is a aux pump that operates the hydraulic clutch for the pto and multi-power. I agree that you will have to split the tractor at the bell house to say the least. Good Luck.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back