Mf200 loader subframe to loader arm issue

Hello, so I have a few post about other issues of the same loader however I went to mount the loader frame onto the subframe which is mounted to the tractor and I get the RH side bolt in but the LH side doesnt line up too well and I cant get the bolt it. Depending what side of the mount you want too start I can get the bolt in one side of the mount through the loader mount but it never lines up with both sides as in pictures, I can see it looks slightly bent but when I bought this it was all together maybe I should have never separated the two.

Either my arm is slightly bent or this is a common issue?

Any ideas would be fantastic, as of now Im thinking of heating it up to red colour and bang it straight /twist it the other way but I dont want to degrade the steel strength.

Or plan b, hookup hydraulics and use the bucket tilt and arm lift to position the joint a different way.

Maybe theres a trick?

Thanks
cvphoto163926.jpg


cvphoto163927.jpg


cvphoto163928.jpg
 
The frame looks twisted (loader arms). The pivot holes don't look that far out, looking sideways. Get a length of 1/2 pipe, and try to align the the holes. Or, hook something up where the bucket mounts and pull the frame sideways.

Heating the arm won't hurt it. It's just mild steel. If something is bent, stretching it should be fine. The problem is shrinking the other side of the bend. The tube will end up like an accordion. That can introduce stress risers. Not good.

I'm pretty sure you can pry it/ jack it back into alignment. Another option is to flatten or point the end of the bolt so it acts as a drift pin. Straightening with heat would be the last option.

We use to run into this with crane jobs a lot. We'd wrap a chain fall around the boom and beat the pins back in.
 
Thanks again stan and miangus. I decided to use the bolt as a drift. I flattened or rounded the end of the bolt and got the loader arms where I could get the bolt half way. I then used my 10k lb winch and pulled right at the mount and sledge hammered the pin in. Slowly but surely it pounded in. Some threads were grinder and cut from me and some were flattened from pounding in but I managed to clean the threads and the nut went right on.

Thanks for the ideas! Knew I wasnt going crazy. !
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top