MF35 Instrumental Panel

JimTX

New User
Need help on how I can gain access to the wiring behind the instrumental panel. Have a couple of wires that came loose. The back of the panel on the engine side is solid and appears to be factory spot welded to the front. And, it is almost impossible to work on it from the bottom which is open. If anyone has had any experience with this, I would appreciate the help.
 
If it's anything like my 202, and I think it is, you have to unbolt it and remove the steering wheel to gain access to everything underneath. It's a real pain! On mine it's 4 bolts under the dash and the wheel. You also have to disconnect the line to the oil pressure gauge on mine as the line is not long enough. That can be a chore all by itself, it might make more sense to disconnect it at the engine instead.
 
Hey thanks. I was afraid that was the situation and I did not want to do that. Looks like I have a challenge before me. Thanks again for your help. Jim
 
Hi Jim,
Inno has it about right. There is nothing more short of removing the instrument panel. You then run into a possible problem of having to cut the steering wheel off especially with a tractor the age of the 35. It is normally quicker to remove everything in one go and then work on it in one go whilst you have as much of the loom as possible hanging down.

DavidP
 
I've done more difficult things..........this is a really good test of your patience, your determination and your flexibility as well as your manual dexterity. I have to take mine apart again soon to tear into the steering box..........again..........and fix it once and for all!
 
Even with the dang thing upside down on the bench it is a pain to work on. This is a fine time to make friends with a mechanically inclined small child who can reach in there and hook stuff up.
While we're on the subject of MF35 dashbrds, where can I get a new rubber gasket to go around the steering post where it goes through the dashbrd?
And where would one look for a new dash light holder? I rigged one up with the old stem and a home built shade but it looks like I made it with an ax.


Question I have is why then as now do manufacturers of Ag equipment make servicing the things as difficult as possible by design. I guess I answered my own question if you take into account that they think that if it breaks, then we'll run out and buy another one of the same brand which will be equally hard to work on.
Who's dummer them or us.

They must know that after the warranty runs out that somebody besides their trained techs will be working and cursing on it.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top