MF65 engine help

cowrider

Member
I bought this MF65 that had blow-by into the cooling system. I pulled the head and found that the sleeves are not flush with the block. I have a Jensales manual but it is not much help with the g176 engine. I figure that the sleeves should be flush with the block or the gasket won't seal. The book doesn't say much or have a torque sequence. Any help would be appreciated.
 
I don't have the time just now, but this evening I will find my I&T manual, see what it says. I would be thinking- if it ran clean before now- what caused this to happen now? Flush or not at an overhaul, to move after the fact is not good...
 
Just happened to trip over the I&T, 70-75 lb. torque, pattern depends on engine type, sorry, I don't have a scanner- so start in the middle and work outward, and the sleeves are suppose to be .001-.003" above, so you got to look into this further. good luck!
 
You did not say if the sleeves were above or below the deck level. As Tony noted, often sleeves are designed to be a few thousanths above the deck level. If yours are above, all is well. If your sleeves are below the deck, you ought to find out why/how before proceding.
 
I had barely ran when I got it, carb messed up and cooling system being pressurized from blow-by among other things. I had hoped that it would be just a new head gasket and that what the seller lead to. Taking the head off I found that the bolts where at different tensions. The sleeves are above the block except for #4 which seems to be flush. Hard to tell how high but they may be about .003. I think that it might be best to pull the sleeves to see and replace the seals.

Thanks for all the replys
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top