Minneapolis Moline Model V or BF Avery Model V

Lightner

I have 1952 Minneapolis Moline Model V that I am getting ready to restore. My understanding is that the BF Avery Model V is the exact same tractor. Lots of the parts have BF Avery stamped on them.
My question is: Should I restore as a Minneapolis Moline or as a BF Avery?
Would like to have input on this.
Thanks,
Billy

the bf minnie is the same as an r avery, the v avery is a smaller tractor, since moline bought avery in 1951 i would think it would be restored as such, if prior to 1951 then it would be restored as an avery

Keep it MM you will be better off , either way when finished it will be worth about what you have in it <<<<<<< BUT BY GOSH it is yours and get it yellow with new decals and enjoy it.

I think tramway guy has the right idea. You can go to the 'tru-draft registry website and find out whether they think yours is an Avery or a Moline by its serial number.

P.S. there are some differences between the early ones and the late ones depending on when it was built.

I think MM bought the BF Avery Company out in 1951.

I have 1952 Minneapolis Moline Model V that I am getting ready to restore. My understanding is that the BF Avery Model V is the exact same tractor. Lots of the parts have BF Avery stamped on them.
My question is: Should I restore as a Minneapolis Moline or as a BF Avery?
Would like to have input on this.
Thanks,
Billy
The MM V had a grill emblem with MM on it, the Avery had a grill emblem with Avey on it

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back