MM Jet star pto clutch shaft removal need help puller

JOCCO

Guys I am having trouble removing the pto clutch shaft, top shaft (jet star 3) Some of you made some pullers for this for M5 could we bring this up again? I tried the hammer and punch on the set screw spot but it won't budge. Also is any shafts available if this one is bad? Is splitting the tractor and pushing it out from the front the final option? Thanks

Guys I am having trouble removing the pto clutch shaft, top shaft (jet star 3) Some of you made some pullers for this for M5 could we bring this up again? I tried the hammer and punch on the set screw spot but it won't budge. Also is any shafts available if this one is bad? Is splitting the tractor and pushing it out from the front the final option? Thanks
Made puller for M5. Drilled and tapped so could pull. Set screw has to come out first to release clutch pack from shaft.

Not sure if the end of the shaft is the same on a Jet Star 3 but this is what I made to use on my M5. It worked well. Used a split washer behind the splines which was bolted to the larger washer that fit over the shaft and then attached that to the slide hammer.

Attachments

• PTO puller 1.JPG
    PTO puller 1.JPG
    287.8 KB · Views: 27
Not sure if the end of the shaft is the same on a Jet Star 3 but this is what I made to use on my M5. It worked well. Used a split washer behind the splines which was bolted to the larger washer that fit over the shaft and then attached that to the slide hammer.
Yes sir yours was one of the pictures I saw. Not sure on room for large washer but Jet star it is similar. thanks

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back