Mohawk 5’ rotary mower

Dconnell63

New User
I have what I think is a Mohawk 5’ rotary mower. I don’t know the model

The Stump Jumper is rusted out/broken and the blades seized

I tried an Internet search of “Mohawk Rotary Cutter Stump Jumper” but and having trouble finding someone that has one specific for Mohawk.

There are a bunch out there that say they are for 5’ rotary cutters but not specific for Mohawk

I know I need to check the #of splines from the gearbox.

Is there any thing else I need to be aware of? HP (see some saying up to 40 HP), size (mine is about 28” wide. Most I see are much smaller)

Any direction on this would be much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_0675.jpeg
    IMG_0675.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0680.jpeg
    IMG_0680.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 26
From what I saw in your other pictures the slip clutch also looked to be totally FUBAR. Rusted solid. Are you sure you want to put enough money into this thing to make it safe and reliable?

From what I saw in your other pictures the slip clutch also looked to be totally FUBAR. Rusted solid. Are you sure you want to put enough money into this thing to make it safe and reliable?
Agree 100%. That’s what I’m trying to figure out. As soon as I can figure out the brand, I can try to figure out the cost of all the parts. I’ll then know if it’s worth fixing

Used rotary mowers around here go for $500-$1000, so that’s kind of my budget

Most parts can be replaced with off the shelf “generic” parts, they don’t have to be brand specific. I’d check on things you need to make it usable before worrying about the stump jumper. Its about the least important piece on a rotary mower. I’ve run without one for 40 years, the odds of it actually saving a gear box are extremely low.

I have what I think is a Mohawk 5’ rotary mower. I don’t know the model

The Stump Jumper is rusted out/broken and the blades seized

I tried an Internet search of “Mohawk Rotary Cutter Stump Jumper” but and having trouble finding someone that has one specific for Mohawk.

There are a bunch out there that say they are for 5’ rotary cutters but not specific for Mohawk

I know I need to check the #of splines from the gearbox.

Is there any thing else I need to be aware of? HP (see some saying up to 40 HP), size (mine is about 28” wide. Most I see are much smaller)

Any direction on this would be much appreciated
I had to replace the gearbox on my Landpride rotary cutter last fall. They wanted 900 bucks for original factory part. I found a universal part on line for 225 bucks with free shipping. I covered 30 acers with it afterword and it worked good. In some cases you can do better with a universal part and get the same results. In my search for the GB I seen allot of universal stump jumpers for sale on line and they were allot cheaper than what Landpride wanted for there's.

I still have a Mohawk 5Ft rotary cutter. I buy the blades for it from Agri Supply here in North Carolina. Mine is at least 70 years old. I always remove the blades and match them up with after market blades that Agri supply has in stock.

Most parts can be replaced with off the shelf “generic” parts, they don’t have to be brand specific. I’d check on things you need to make it usable before worrying about the stump jumper. Its about the least important piece on a rotary mower. I’ve run without one for 40 years, the odds of it actually saving a gear box are extremely low.
I have the same issue with my Mohawk 507. So what do you attach the blades to if you don’t have a stump jumper?

I still have a Mohawk 5Ft rotary cutter. I buy the blades for it from Agri Supply here in North Carolina. Mine is at least 70 years old. I always remove the blades and match them up with after market blades that Agri supply has in stock.
My problem is the old stump jumper, is rusted off. Not just replacing the blades. Where can I get that part for replacement?

Attachments

• IMG_3053.jpeg
    IMG_3053.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3054.jpeg
    IMG_3054.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 12

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back