moisture meter

Dune Country

I've been looking at moisture meters to check my firewood.
I [u:5261f01ebf]assume[/u:5261f01ebf] they work by measuring resistance, just like a ohm meter. if so
I have a couple good ohm meters, what reading would I need if the prongs were held an inch or so apart to read 20% moisture?

Who has wood around long enough to worry about moisture? Mine is dead falls and burned as I gather it. Don't worry about moisture.

I have a General MMD4E which is cheap and works well. Don't know what they run now but was under 30 bucks at Lowes a couple years ago. I got it to measure pressure treated to see when it
was dry enough to use. Now I have a sawmill so use it more often.

(quoted from post at 09:30:45 12/05/22) I've been looking at moisture meters to check my firewood.
I [u:b716f037f4]assume[/u:b716f037f4] they work by measuring resistance, just like a ohm meter. if so
I have a couple good ohm meters, what reading would I need if the prongs were held an inch or so apart to read 20% moisture?

I used to make gun grips for a living. I purchased a wood moisture meter to test the wood before I used it. I never used wood that measured over 6%.

Moisture meters are cheap, just buy one.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back