Monday Extra 1

Majorman

DSCN2000 - Copy.JPGPaddle steamer

At first glance this picture has nothing to do with tractors but, if you think that, you would be wrong. Ann and I love river trips and booked on this one for a trip on the River Murray. After cruising for a short distance, I said I recognised the sound coming from the engine room and, at the end of the trip, asked the owner about it. He told us that the original steam engine had been removed and a complete Fordson Major Diesel tractor, less tinwork and wheels, had replaced it. Many years ago, on another web site, I had advised a contributor on the workings of a Fordson Major that he was going to fit in a paddle steamer, I often wonder if this was the one.

View attachment 1694Paddle steamer

At first glance this picture has nothing to do with tractors but, if you think that, you would be wrong. Ann and I love river trips and booked on this one for a trip on the River Murray. After cruising for a short distance, I said I recognised the sound coming from the engine room and, at the end of the trip, asked the owner about it. He told us that the original steam engine had been removed and a complete Fordson Major Diesel tractor, less tinwork and wheels, had replaced it. Many years ago, on another web site, I had advised a contributor on the workings of a Fordson Major that he was going to fit in a paddle steamer, I often wonder if this was the one.
It probably is the same one. I can't think there would be too many of that specific conversion in the world.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back