Monday Mystery

Majorman

cvphoto165532.jpg

Well! They are a mystery to a lot of people! I always found them reasonably easy to sort out after watching them many times both in work and when turned by hand but I did spend quite a few hours, sitting on a bale chamber, in the dust and dirt, trying to work out why one side or the other was miss-tying.
Knotters

Indeed. I assume there was a patent somewhere. The history of it would be interesting. Who developed it? Did they make a fortune selling rights to others? Or, if there was a patent, did it expire, then others copied it?

I remember reading some place the 1st knotter was carved out of apple wood. I think it was thorn apple as that is very hard.

I think it's what was known as a "Deering Knotter". New Holland and John Deere use them. Not sure who bought the patent or who has it now. Good knotter and not hard to figure out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back