Monday Rust 11/3

Majorman

DSCN6322 - Copy.JPG1940 Wilder Vegetable lifter

Just how I found it, in the nettles where it had been for a few years. I did the deal and went home to get my trailer, by the time I got back, it had been transferred to the skip and we had to dive in and haul it out, Because it had been scrapped, the owner said, cancel the deal, just take it away, so I got it free of charge. Replaced the Hardy Spicer on the PTO shaft and away we went. The front share goes under the crop and the rear basket oscillates from side to side shaking off the dirt and leaving the crop clean and in a row. Perfect for lifting onions and early potatoes where the chain link elevators on a normal harvester can rub the skins off.

View attachment 621051940 Wilder Vegetable lifter

Just how I found it, in the nettles where it had been for a few years. I did the deal and went home to get my trailer, by the time I got back, it had been transferred to the skip and we had to dive in and haul it out, Because it had been scrapped, the owner said, cancel the deal, just take it away, so I got it free of charge. Replaced the Hardy Spicer on the PTO shaft and away we went. The front share goes under the crop and the rear basket oscillates from side to side shaking off the dirt and leaving the crop clean and in a row. Perfect for lifting onions and early potatoes where the chain link elevators on a normal harvester can rub the skins off.
Weed looks a lot like marestail, or horseweed.

Nettle is very nasty. It looks like a harmless weed, but there are poison hairs on the stems that jab into skin and irritate/rash/and pain for a day or more. those little clear swellings at the base of each "injector" are the poison glands. They break off and stay in the skin. Been there done that. Jim
Urtica_dioica38_ies.jpg

Nettle is very nasty. It looks like a harmless weed, but there are poison hairs on the stems that jab into skin and irritate/rash/and pain for a day or more. those little clear swellings at the base of each "injector" are the poison glands. They break off and stay in the skin. Been there done that. Jim View attachment 62152
Not sure what it is but it is neither horse tail or nettles, we call that "Willow Weed". It will spread like mad but is pretty easy to control with cultivation.

"Dragging it from the nettles" is a saying we have here meaning we are using an old piece of equipment that had been discarded. Most of my stuff was found in the nettles. 🤣🤣🤣

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back