Montgomery Ward farm wagon

Les Warner

New User
I was wondering if someone could tell me what year my Montgomery Ward wagon is. The plate on the rear axel says 546-A
70377
Montgomery Wards
It isn't a heavy duty one. The tire size is 6 50 16 Les
 
I had several of those back in the 1960's and they were old when I got them.Maybe 1940-1950 era.Just a guess.When I farmed Montgomery Wards Farm Stores were reduced to selling Tires and such,no more Tractors or Implements.
 
The one I purchased from the neighbor was bought in early 40's. I think he said he bought it the same year the war ended.
 
Hi Dave,I heard from you some time ago, but had lost your e mail address. thanks for sugesting about what year this wagon is. I want to have some kind of a date for my sign for the next parade.
 
They sold loads of wagons up thru the late 50's. With time, pictures and specifications I might be able to identyfy model from old catalogs
 
(quoted from post at 19:45:20 02/25/08) Thanks Leroy, I don't have a picture on hand at the moment, but I am interested,and will get a picture.

I bought a Montgomery Ward in an auction last weekend. It is Model 546A Serial M-48273. It is red and looks like red wheels. There is a lot of paint left on the frame. The back axle has black pinstripping on it too. It has 5 bolt, 15" wheels. What is super nice is that he has a hydraulic hoist which makes it a dump wagon. The hoist is made by Electric Wheel Co., Quincy, IL. I'll try to add a picture too.
 
Trying to load a picture of my wagon, SN M-48273, Model 546A. It seems to have been uploaded to Implements. Dave
i5325.jpg
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top