More 1953 MH 55

Drained a bit of water out of the transmission and rear diff and installed the carb. Thought I should look in the fuel tank before I put gas in and what a surprise. It was super clean except for a hand full of rocks that where in it. Off came the fuel tank and dumped out the rocks put it back on put some fuel in and it fired a few times but wouldnt keep running. Tested a couple of suspect plug wires and ordered some new ones. I will scrape some more 50 plus year old dirt and crud off while waiting for parts.
cvphoto148792.jpg

cvphoto148793.jpg

do you have good spark at the points? plus squirt some oil in the cylinders for lube and boost compression. those are the wire core wires not carbon core. rob ur other massey.

Yep pretty good spark at the points and I had put oil in the cylinders a while back. Its got great compression. There are two wires that when you move them have intermittent continuity. Just going to put some new ones on and keep the two that are good for spares for the next project. Thanks for the response. Will have more details next week. Have a good one rustred.

Im thinking it was someone that that thought it would be fun to put some rocks in there. Theres absolutely no sign of any rust in the bottom or the side and even the top of the tank. The rocks may have been in there for some time. Easy problem to fix. Have fun Steve. More to come in a few days.

that guy by Reddeer sure has or had a pile of massey's. no wonder there was not that many around here as he must have scooped them all up. i know one guy that bought a nice 444 rowcrop with a 3 point hitch. he said there was 55 and 555 's there also. he said there was like 300 tractors there. i see in the add the shed is looking empty now. he said them tractors were leaving steady by the trailer loads.

Hi rustred. I talked to him a while back and yeah he has lots. He told me he has 44 and 55 diesels there which is what Im looking for. A friend of mine went up there and he figured the guy had 30 or 40 44 model tractors. I havent had time to go up yet but plan on it. I was told there was over 200 tractors outside. He sent me a bunch of pictures. Pretty incredible collection for sure.

Im thinking and its only a thought no knowledge or any real evidence but Im pretty sure your happier with your collection than he is with the one he is trying to unload. Im going to try and find out what the real story is. Have a good weekend.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back