more about plugs, pics

wijim

Member
Was hauling manure sat. 350U was running bad under power. Maybe fuel, or ignition started with ignition, cap and rotor looked good. Put in new points and condenser, ran the same. coil wire looked bad, intalled new wires, still ran bad. last I checked plugs this is what I found. what would cause the gray/white buildup on the plug? Runs like a top now. Jim
a21701.jpg

a21702.jpg

a21703.jpg

a21704.jpg
 

3 of the plugs look quite normal. The 4th one displays problems with oil fouling, and possibly an anti-freeze leak. Piston rings, head gasket, valve guides all need to be checked, and possibly there is a cracked head.
 
I agree with Rusty, but those were in there too long. A plug can start to misfire from bad wires etc then get very fowled. I would pull the new plugs after 20 hours and see if the hole that the foweled plug came out of was still getting dirty. But as Rusty indicates it is best to keep track of coolant and oil burning to assure the diagnosis. Jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top