More activity here

I'm noticing much more activity on these pages recently. I'm wondering if folks have gotten disgusted with the one-sided censoring going on
with Facebook, Twitter, MeWe, etc? I'm here more cause for one thing i get tired of poitical arguements AND especially when the censorship
is all one-sided. I bet a lot came back here to free themselves of that crap?
Arnie

I am on here because I think that the information that you get is much better than on the other sources. Very knowledgeable people on YT.

So you want to start something political here?? THANKS! Don't tell me that's not what you're trying to do, you did it when you brought up one sided and censorship. Why don't you take it to Talk or Tales?

I agree with you Randy. I have some opinions about what is going on in the world but do not post them here. Nice to have a place to post without all the trash going on being dragged into it. Tom

I'm on for some help on things an the good guys on here help me alot. I try to help some also buy some of the things that work for me. I'm sure glad that this site and guys on here help.

I suspect the increased activity is seasonal. Guys are done with crops and awaiting the new season, others have some time to work on projects for summer

To paraphrase Tony In SD. I like John Deere tractors! I come to this forum to look at questions-answers to problems other people have and their solutions. I don't come to this forum for opinion. I come seeking knowledge!!

"[b:654c4848f0][i:654c4848f0]bet a lot came back here to free themselves of that crap[/i:654c4848f0][/b:654c4848f0]"

I come back here because the topics of discussion are <a href="https://youtu.be/Ibap1Vqy3Gw">John Deere tractor</a> related.

When I went through instructor school in the Navy, they told us two topics that were off limits were religion and politics. That rule works pretty good at keeping me out of heated discussions outside the Navy, too.
I use this forum for information and advice. Plus I like reading experiences other folks are having with common interest things.

Yep, that's why I quit going to Talk and Tales. You never know when you'll step on a land mine. They're everywhere.

(quoted from post at 08:18:39 01/29/21) When I went through instructor school in the Navy, they told us two topics that were off limits were religion and politics. That rule works pretty good at keeping me out of heated discussions outside the Navy, too.
I use this forum for information and advice. Plus I like reading experiences other folks are having with common interest things.

Agreed.

Another forum I belong to also has that rule and it is[b:fa0e048e00] strictly [/b:fa0e048e00] enforced. Everyone knows that and don't even think about broaching those topics. Plus, each individual forum has it's own moderator, rather than one person trying to do it all. Off topic posts are moved or deleted and there is only one forum for off topic posts. Things which don't belong in the other forums are moved there. It's amazing how smoothly things run over there!

Is there one sided censorship on other platforms? Sure, but I don't think that has anything to do with what is driving the activity here. Personally, I not only come here for the information, but it is the quality of the information more than anything. On some of the Deere pages on other platforms, I find that bad information is as common as good. On them, a guy can ask a question and you can tell from some of the responses, that the person has no clue what they are talking about. Seriously, some of the stuff in the responses would hurt a guy more than help them.

I have been a member here for a lot of years, and was always appreciative of the information, but when I got got on those other pages, my appreciation increased greatly. So thanks to you all for making this the great place that it is.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back