More from the toolbox...

Dave H (MI)

Same toolbox. Like I said, it came with boxes and buckets of stuff. Top to bottom we have 8 bars about 7 3/4 inches long. 1/4 inch thick and 3/4 wide. Rounded at either end and a hole drilled at either end. They are bolted together using these holes and that is all I know about them. Center is two matching pieces that look a lot like sine bars without the rounded pieces. They are about as close to exact copies of each other as I can determine. No markings. 5 holes of graduated diameter running up the sides. Not threaded. Two items on the bottom are solid brass with gray paint on the bases. The knurled bolt has a steel ball imbedded in the head. Balls rotate in place. The vertical part of base is flattened on three sides and threaded hole is on each of these flattened areas. The center bolt blocks these holes. A great curiosity to me, these items, but mostly these last two. These are roughly 4 inches high and quite heavy.
cvphoto117986.jpg

No idea on the laminated bars (top)
If the ramps were opposite each other they would form an adjustable wedge.
The bottom two are single ball rollers for operation on ways, or flat plate. Balls down and flange screwed into the thing being carried. Jim

Yes, the two setup bars do a pretty stable base adjustable between 1.5 and 1.75 inches after which they get a little unsteady unless supported elsewhere. The single ball rollers are a new one for me. Puzzles me the brass part. Need to see them in use in a video but no luck with that yet. Google wasnt much help. Threaded side holes are a puzzle also. Cross support between them I guess?

My thought is that the brass screw-ball devices are setup jacks designed to be used in different positions (upright, on side, and ???). The lateral holes would take set screws to hold the ball-topped jackscrew adjustment, using whichever of the three is easier to reach in the particular setup.

The two tapered bars are almost certainly sine bars without their rolls.

I see what you are saying Jim...but there is a bit of difference between the ones in the pic and the one in the catalog. I actually thought they were jacks. But I never saw jacks with a bearing on the head of the screw.

There was a 4 inch sine bar in this group. I didn't picture it because I knew what it was. I need to compare it to these and see if it is a match. Maybe he was making one and figured he would make three. Then did not for some reason.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back