More on the Case-IH 895

Texasmark1

Sometimes sitting on the fence get the privates irritated and you have to do something........ I've been checking around and the 895 is new enough and as the X95 seems to be, very reliable and lots of beef in the components.....the 395 I bought last year is a testament to that and one of the reasons the 895 caught my eye. Another plus is that parts are readily available.

Going to see it tomorrow and probably close the deal but current knowledge is that the power steering hydraulic cylinder needs to be replaced and the AC needs some work. In www searches today I found out that the freon is 134A by design since it's a 1991 thru 94 production product, so that solves a lot of potential issues with the AC. I've located both steering and AC compressor by actual OEM model number, at very reasonable prices and also other AC components, basically all of the system if needed. Since this probably will pull my baler the AC is going to work.

I'm tossing this out for anything anybody has to say about this series of tractors and responses are welcomed.

The Doncaster Utility tractors, 1970-2002, from the 574 through the CX series. That's how long that platform was produced.

The only design that CaseIH kept producing virtually unchanged after the merger. Something to be said about that. They just kept putting different hoods on them up until the C/CX series when they repowered them with Perkins engines.

I went to see it yesterday. It was a total disaster. The answer to the first few questions....like looking in the radiator for proper coolant and finding it empty, was a flat negative. Second question, pulled the dip stick and the oil looked like a black magic marker. Hydraulic oil filter was covered in rust. AC didn't work, seat was torn up big time but couldn't check operating hours because the wiring harness was messed up..... I quit counting, thanked the guy who came over and opened his dealership for me and apologizing for wasting his time. Just another example of needing to see and drive used equipment before you plunk down your money.

I went to see it yesterday. It was a total disaster. The answer to the first few questions....like looking in the radiator for proper coolant and finding it empty, was a flat negative. Second question, pulled the dip stick and the oil looked like a black magic marker. Hydraulic oil filter was covered in rust. AC didn't work, seat was torn up big time but couldn't check operating hours because the wiring harness was messed up..... I quit counting, thanked the guy who came over and opened his dealership for me and apologizing for wasting his time. Just another example of needing to see and drive used equipment before you plunk down your money.
That sucks, but if anything it's a testament to how tough those tractors are, to put up with that kind of abuse and still be running.

At an auction you probably could pick it up cheap enough to make it worth your while to put some money into it, but no doubt that dealer thinks he has a golden shoebox there and his idea of "aggressive negotiation" is knocking $50 off his asking price.

Not what you want at all. Too bad.

That sucks, but if anything it's a testament to how tough those tractors are, to put up with that kind of abuse and still be running.

At an auction you probably could pick it up cheap enough to make it worth your while to put some money into it, but no doubt that dealer thinks he has a golden shoebox there and his idea of "aggressive negotiation" is knocking $50 off his asking price.
Well the thing that got my attention was the ruggedness of the 395 I acquired last year. Then in trying to get an idea as to what parts would cost to fix some problems, I found that the X95 series had a very large HP range and lots of common components. I was really looking forward to the purchase.

i have both a 584 and a c80, different motors but a lot is still the same. good tractors for making hay and running grain augers and pulling wagons. if the right 895 would cross my path i buy it. i don't think you could go wrong on it good simple tractors.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back