More progress on the farm

jon f mn

Well, things are moving along on the house, altho slowly. It's always one step forward and one back. We got the new front door in, new floor down in the kitchen, dining room, hallway and bathroom. We ordered the floor from Menards and I picked it up. Looked good then. When we started putting it down it didn't look right, but the boxes said it was what we ordered, so we put it down to things look different in the store. But when we got to the second last of 26 boxes put down we came to the right stuff. It was in the same boxes, same name, same numbers, but deffinately different stuff. You can see in the first pic what we ordered on the left, what we got on the right. We are waiting to hear back from Menards about what they will do. We like the floor as is, just not as much. Only thing I can guess happened is the correct box was on too when I picked it up so I looked at that and just loaded the rest without looking. Oh well, I'll looks ok anyway. Also got the new front door in and bathroom floor down. The bad news is we knew we had an issue with the porch connecting the house to garage because the floor wasn't level. Turns out the garage is on a floating slab, so it moves. Don't know how we will deal with that yet. I did get my 955 swather home and in the shed tho, first winter inside for it in a long time.
a281406.jpg

a281407.jpg

a281408.jpg

a281409.jpg

a281410.jpg

a281413.jpg

Lately Ive been into roofing, bathroom renovation and plumbing and it has about caused me to lose what little mind I have.lol

I bought a 36"x80" steel entry door at Menard's a few years ago. Got it home, took it out of the box and painted it. A few days later we removed the old door including the frame and began installing the new door. That is when we discovered that we had bought a 32" door, packed in a box that was labled as a 36". I even looked at that box again and the tag on the box indicated a 36" door. So there we were with a huge, gaping hole in the front of the house and nothing to close it up with. My wife stood guard at home while I made a quick trip to the local building supply center and bought a door that would fit. It was probably lesser quality, less fancy, and it cost more. I had already painted the Menard's door, so I couldn't return it, but I was able to sell it to a co-worker.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back