Colin King

I had a Power Adjust rim rot out on me last week, so we had the tire shop do a farm service call with their truck. While out, I also had them replace the worn out Delta Cletrak rears on the 8N.

The replacement 8N rears came from a project tractor that keeps getting postponed. The tires are marked "Riverside Power Trac," which was a Firestone Field and Road sold by Montgomery Ward. These tires are probably about 40 years old.

cvphoto55417.jpg

The Power adjust rims was replaced with a new rim. The oldstyle center on the 961 had to be replaced with an 8N center to fit the new 6-loop rim.

cvphoto55418.jpg

And the aftermath. When time allows, I think I can take these three rims and do some repair work and have 1 good power adjust rim and 1 good hat rim. But that'll be for another year. The service bill for parts and labor and on farm call was just over $700. We re-used the existing fluid.

cvphoto55419.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back