Moving nonrunning Bobcat

herk

Member
Hello I bought a dead 751 bobcat this winter ( engine ) , I was able to get it in the shed last winter by draging it on the ice and snow . I want to pressure wash it and was going to pull it out , I turned the key on and can hear the transmision lock open wheels won't turn , a friend said tie the levers forward, still skid the wheels the wheels turn VERY slowly, am I missing something , Thanks Bryan
 
If I remember correctly the manual tells you how to move a dead bobcat of that vintage. It has been almost 20 years since I read that so no guarantees
 
Hello I bought a dead 751 bobcat this winter ( engine ) , I was able to get it in the shed last winter by draging it on the ice and snow . I want to pressure wash it and was going to pull it out , I turned the key on and can hear the transmision lock open wheels won't turn , a friend said tie the levers forward, still skid the wheels the wheels turn VERY slowly, am I missing something , Thanks Bryan
If it has drive chains just cut them and it will free wheel. I did that when moving a dead prime mover skid loader.
Nate
 
Hello I bought a dead 751 bobcat this winter ( engine ) , I was able to get it in the shed last winter by draging it on the ice and snow . I want to pressure wash it and was going to pull it out , I turned the key on and can hear the transmision lock open wheels won't turn , a friend said tie the levers forward, still skid the wheels the wheels turn VERY slowly, am I missing something , Thanks Bryan
look around the chassis. there may be a hydro dump valve, much like on these hydro drive mowers.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top