Mowing in Carlsbad Calif. Yesterday

37chief

Me and my JD. A good day for mowing yesterday. I mow this field every month. All it does is chop off the tops of the weeds, and I will be back next month. The deliverers can't let the land go back to natural, then the wild life moves in, then it's a real problem. The Nat Catcher birds have priority. They already lost a few acres of ocean view land because someone didn't get it cut down when they had the chance a few years back. Stan

Attachments

• 20240129_130649[8909].jpg
    20240129_130649[8909].jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 228
Me and my JD. A good day for mowing yesterday. I mow this field every month. All it does is chop off the tops of the weeds, and I will be back next month. The deliverers can't let the land go back to natural, then the wild life moves in, then it's a real problem. The Nat Catcher birds have priority. They already lost a few acres of ocean view land because someone didn't get it cut down when they had the chance a few years back. Stan
But don't let the tractor leave a rut! Then when it rains, the rut becomes a vernal pool, which is habitat for ferry shrimp, and endangered species! I ran into this on construction projects at military bases in California, from San Deago to north of Sacramento. For an endangered species, those ferry shrimp are in a lot of places!

Great picture!I like SoCal weather this time of year.Was born in Pamona,dad had a dairy in Chino.Was 10 when we moved to Southwset Washington State to continue milking cows.Mainly rain and clouds this time of year,average temp around 41 degrees.

As a Midwesterner I have to say......what? I do not understand.

Can you expound on what you said please?
California has some of the most restrictive environmental rules on the planet(Washington and Oregon are competing for second place) on the planet. If a water puddle show up, it becomes an endangered swamp, a couple wildflowers, endangered habitat species, etc.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back