Mowing on the West Coast

37 chief

My mouthy mowing job. A good day for mowing, no rain. We've had a lot of rain lately. Since I was there last month, someone came in and did brodies to part of the field. This was at one time a nice smooth field. Now it is full of ruts, in places, in the first picture. I see this a lot. People buy a jacked up pickup, and have no where to drive it, unless they drive 100 miles to the desert. Makes for a rough ride. It's fenced, but someone busted down the gate. This land is so valuable over loking the ocean . I mow it each month to keep the protected birds from moving in, and coastal sage plant from growing. When the birds nest it is a real problem for the developers. Stan
cvphoto151043.jpg

cvphoto151044.jpg

Some IDIOTS think that when there is no paved road there, they can drive and do damage on any dirt they see.

You say West Coast. If you are in California you are really screwed! All of those tire ruts, the next time it rains, they fill with water. You and I would call it a mud puddle, but to the State of California, they are vernal pools, which is protected habitat for the endangered ferry shrimp. This is anywhere in California. How can something and it habitat be endangered when spans the entirety of California? Don't ask me but it is, and it has been a thorn in the side of anyone who has a construction project on a military base in California.

This property is in Carlsbad Ca. Next to Oceanside. The dirt is mostly sand, and never holds water. The property owner has that going for them.

Not really beautiful, it is just water. Actually pretty boring when you have been there a while. Might get lucky and see a whale once in a while.

That is what they show on the 4wd commercials. Freedom!
If you see a dirt road, just turn in and run as fast as
you can. No need to find out who owns it. If the ground is soft, much better, you can throw mud everywhere.
Crops are there to make circles in.

What is the market value of that bare ocean front property, somewhere between $250K and $1 million per acre or is it higher? The zoning probably makes a big difference.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised ft it was 2 million an acre. Land that was farmed years ago now is over 8 thousand an acre. I don't know where people get that kind of Monney. Stan

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back