MT oil filter

TDJD

I was changing the oil and my MT, when I was getting ready to put the filter back in I noticed that the lower sealing plate is missing, so I went to the parts catalog to look it up (so I could order one) and along with the lower sealing plate it shows a part (maybe a washer or gasket) (key 23) but there isnt a 23 on the page. What am I missing here?
Thanks
cvphoto78179.jpg

Looks like an omission and is the same in the model 40 parts manual but it is listed in the 420-430 parts manual as well as the 440 and 1010 parts manual. It is part no. M1304T and is simply called a washer which sits on top of part no. M88T called a plate.

WOW! They made the same error in the "40" parts catalog, if you go farther forward to the "420" parts catalog or the "1010" parts catalog it seems to be the same illustration and the washer is shown as part # M1304T, now replaced by # 24M7085, "WASHER, METALLIC, ROUND HOLE", @ just under a buck and a half.

I HOPE this is the correct info!

Yes, looks to me like it needs to be there. I can imagine that sticking to the filter and getting thrown out with the old filter.

I wouldn't worry about the washer. If I recall correctly the washer is built in on the newer filters. Not steel but it serves the same purpose. If Deere is too high you can get the plate on eBay.

TD, one in a million chance.

If your old filter is still with you, check the bottom of it and make sure the "washer" is not clinging to the bottom.

If using the JD filter directly from JD they are still a paper bottom/top. My MT, 40 and 1010 all were missing the washer and plate. I have replaced all the pieces on all of mine now but I am not sure how much of a difference it makes like everyone else said. Not much to the bottom of one of those paper filters so I do think the washer and plate help it hold up over time.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back