Dan Byler

New User
I purchased a two furrow plow for my MT, but I believe it is meant for an M. I looked at the parts book, and it appears that the depth control bar that goes under the tractor is different on the two plows - are there any other differences? Could I exchange the depth control bar for the correct one? If so, where could I find the correct bar? If this is not possible I will be looking for the correct plow for the MT.
 
I am also thinking that the long bar that goes up under the tractor was the only diferance. Plus the part that attaches up under the belly of the tractor.

I always laugh when I see one of these plows advertised as fits M/MT as I know they won't interchange !
 
far as I can tell in the parts manual the only difference is in the power depth control ( the bracket looking thing that bolts under the middle of the tractor) and the lifting rod.It looks like there are two different beams (the long flat bar with the point that faces forward and goes throught he bracket) but that is for diiferent size bottoms.There are parts differences that are effected by year of manufacture but not model number. parts manual can be seen on john deeres website. catalog # pc011. hope this helps. bill m.
 
Does anyone out there know of someone who would have a depth control bar? or someone who salvages plows/plow parts?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top