Muratic acid weed killer mix

bc

Well-known Member
Hello. Got a gallon of Muratic acid left over after trying to fix a radiator. Can't keep it in the barn as it will off gas and make things rust around it. Just as well use it for a brush/weed killer for the driveway and fence lines. Just wondering what the amount of mix per gallon of water in a hand sprayer should be? I want those driveway weeds and grass to be dead, dead. I got plenty of pasture fence line that grows that 6 foot tall stuff if I don't control it. Thanks.
 
This doesn't answer your question, but I keep gallons of muriatic acid in a 5 gal bucket with a lid(old drywall mud bucket). It seems to stop the mess they usually make. It's funny when you open it, it looks like the acid sweats right through the gallon jugs.
 
I wouldn't use it for that purpose. Muratic acid is a very strong acid and everywhere you spray will be acidic for a while and could burn what ever walks through it until rain dilutes it out or the hydrogen chloride that forms the acid has evaporated.
 
It will kill plants, but it won’t sterilize the soil if thats what you’re thinking. No different than just using gly.
 
Thanks. I dumped the excess after cleaning the radiator and it killed the weeds very quick.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top