MW add power piston rings

Brockpend

Member
Hey guys, I need some pistons rings for my Farmall M.. I need some rings for an M&W add power AP-60 I think. Where could one get these type of rings? I have the measurements. 0.0898 inch is the measurement for the first one, the other 2 have a different measurement they are 0.0929 inches, thx
 
Those rings are not in production anymore. While there may be some new sets floating around out there in the wild, it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. You'd find them in a dusty old bucket of junk at an auction, for example. Probably was a set at the auction I went to yesterday, but good luck finding them.

Most likely you will need a set custom made, if you can find someone to do something like that. Otherwise you will need to replace the pistons with new, and if you're going that far it would be a good idea to replace the sleeves too.
 
Hastings used to make custom piston rings. Not sure if they have done it in the last 18 months, though.
 
You have 3 3/2 rings so you need to find a engine that uses that width ring for your bore size. Must be a wider oil ring on those also.

Top ring always wear more than others along with the ring groove.

Max clearance of ring in groove is .006 and ring groove can be machined fo r spacer above ring.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top