My tool shed

moresmoke

Had a few comments below on the handle thread about my tool shed so I thought I would post a few more pictures for you.

There are actually two of them, the one on the left holds all the kids stuff.

cvphoto5740.jpg

These bins are about 2000 bu. They are tucked in a corner between two buildings, easy to access with a 2 ton truck, but not much use in a world of semis.

I added walk in doors by framing an opening with 2?4.

cvphoto5741.jpg

Made brackets to hang tools on the wall that attach to the bolts in the wall.

cvphoto5742.jpg

My tool bin, I put a vent in the roof for a bit of air circulation. Have not got to doing the other one. I have not had any issues with condensation inside, but it is fairly dry here in ND. Don't often get condensation in a steel quonset that I have either.

That is so cute we almost can't stand it. Now maybe I need to start looking around for one. Trouble is in South Jersey I have only seen great big ones. You going to heat it? You also need a couple of calendars on the wall.
cvphoto5751.jpg

In Darwin Australia sometime after cyclone Tracy an enterprising man built an amazing home from two enormous steel silos . For years they were quite spectacular close to the harbour . Sadly they fell into disrepair. Incidentally yesterday was the 78th anniversary of the first WW2 aerial attack by Japan on mainland Australia.

No heat. These are simply used for storage. I have another building that is heated for a shop. That one was a wood frame granary before I converted it to a shop.

What a slick idea for odd tool storage! ~I have a circular ventilator on a small grain bin. Used to have a similar one on a 3000 bu bean bin. Worked very well to keep grain fresh.

Neighbor used just the roof and put legs on it. In the center is a fire pit and the sides he has seats hanging. Looks neat.

I'm no expert but isn't the walls circular tension keeping it up? Cut 7' of it for a door and all the strength is gone.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back