Sure it's possible as Sean says. When I bought my Ford 840 years ago someone had replaced the stock filter with a dry canister filter but I put it back to stock. I think I still have it but it might be rusted out by now because I left it outside. The simplest might be add a K&N cone filter, that would give your tractor the high performance look.Have the NAA. Is it possible to replace the oil-based air cleaner assembly with some sort of a dry air filter?
that is glorious.Probably not like this. But at least they put the fuel filter right above it, in case a signal fire is needed for a rescue.
View attachment 163743
IMO the oil bath air filters work more efficiently than any paper filter. K&N air filters have been tested many times, came up short in every test.i flirted with this, but went back to stock with oil cup. believe you me, i gave it good kanoodling but in the end i figured there prolly is some gomer air/fuel ratio that only works with the stock setup so after all that goober goobin i cleaned out the stock parts and put em back on.
ya thats the conclusion I came to as well, after throwing a bunch of coins at 'creative' solutions for tucking the paper k&n cone element under the dash etc with elbows, etc, I figured for what my ugly rig will do, its just better using the regular layout for this specific era of tractor.IMO the oil bath air filters work more efficiently than any paper filter. K&N air filters have been tested many times, came up short in every test.
reference: https://www.project200.com.au/dm-iso5011/
ya thats the conclusion I came to as well, after throwing a bunch of coins at 'creative' solutions for tucking the paper k&n cone element under the dash etc with elbows, etc, I figured for what my ugly rig will do, its just better using the regular layout for this specific era of tractor.![]()
We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.
Copyright © 1997-2025 Yesterday's Tractor Co.
All Rights Reserved. Reproduction of any part of this website, including design and content, without written permission is strictly prohibited. Trade Marks and Trade Names contained and used in this Website are those of others, and are used in this Website in a descriptive sense to refer to the products of others. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy TRADEMARK DISCLAIMER: Tradenames and Trademarks referred to within Yesterday's Tractor Co. products and within the Yesterday's Tractor Co. websites are the property of their respective trademark holders. None of these trademark holders are affiliated with Yesterday's Tractor Co., our products, or our website nor are we sponsored by them. John Deere and its logos are the registered trademarks of the John Deere Corporation. Agco, Agco Allis, White, Massey Ferguson and their logos are the registered trademarks of AGCO Corporation. Case, Case-IH, Farmall, International Harvester, New Holland and their logos are registered trademarks of CNH Global N.V.
Yesterday's Tractors - Antique Tractor Headquarters
Website Accessibility Policy