NAA Engine Rebuild

Ebenezer

I’m not the most experienced motor rebuilder but decided to buy Tisco rebuild kit with sleeves pistons valves etc. it went fairly well Almost! Now that it’s done I noticed the old pistons have an offset wrist pin hole. Any one know which way the Tisco pistons go. The pistons are stamped on top with FAE6108. STD. Looking through the spark plug hole the letters are right side up.
And no need to explain how big a blunder it is to have installed without knowing. Not the first time for me but I’m learning

Hello Ebenezer, welcome to YT! I don’t know the answer to your question. I would suggest you click the “Report” button at the lower left and request the moderators move this to the Ford forum for you. There are folks there that can likely answer your question.

Hello Ebenezer, welcome to YT! I don’t know the answer to your question. I would suggest you click the “Report” button at the lower left and request the moderators move this to the Ford forum for you. There are folks there that can likely answer your question.
Used red MN,

Admin wants people to use the Contact Us button for such as moving posts. They want to keep the Report button for inappropriate content. I got that info the other day when I used report asking about doing such

I’m not the most experienced motor rebuilder but decided to buy Tisco rebuild kit with sleeves pistons valves etc. it went fairly well Almost! Now that it’s done I noticed the old pistons have an offset wrist pin hole. Any one know which way the Tisco pistons go. The pistons are stamped on top with FAE6108. STD. Looking through the spark plug hole the letters are right side up.
And no need to explain how big a blunder it is to have installed without knowing. Not the first time for me but I’m learning
I don't know by the lettering which way they go but there should be an arrow on top of the piston that goes toward the front of the engine.

My personal opinion on this is if you don’t plan on using under heavy loads most of the time when your using it I doubt it would make enough difference that it would justify pulling it apart to change it. Parades, tractor rides and the occasional hour or so of heavy work like plowing or rotory mowing in tall heavy crops will probably not be enough to cause any concern. Those “barrel” style pistons in those old engines are a fairly robust set up. If you are concerned and have nothing better to do pull it back apart and investigate.

Just because the originals were offset doesn't mean the replacements will be. Anytime I've dealt with the issue, if the pistons need oriented a certain direction, there was a plainly visible mark/notch to the front on the top of the piston.

I wish there was a customer service number for Tisco. If there is one I can’t find it. I think I have so much invested in time and fortune at this point I will just go ahead and pull one out to see.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back