Graham7of8

New User
About to split this tractor to change out the clutch and I was setting up the blocking for the front end.

My question is weather the oil pan can support the wieght of the front of the tractor or am I going to have to work around or remove it completely.
Thx
 
(quoted from post at 21:55:32 03/28/11) About to split this tractor to change out the clutch and I was setting up the blocking for the front end.

My question is weather the oil pan can support the wieght of the front of the tractor or am I going to have to work around or remove it completely.
Thx
ell, it is the only thing supporting it day in and day out for the last 60 years, so.........
 
Yes the pan will support the weight of the engine.
I usually put a floor jack under the pan and then roll the front end away from the rear on the jack. Make sure you drive some wooden wedges between the front axle and the bolster to keep the front half from tipping.
 
Graham,Welcome to the board!! (unofficial welcoming committee)

Just curious, are you only doing the clutch while she is apart, or are you going all the way back with all the seals, bearings, etc.

Post back and let us know how it goes. Enjoy
 
grahm, i split my naa to change the clutch using a cherry picker and nylon strap. leaving the front wheels on allows you to roll the front of the tractor away from tranny to do your work.
 
I am splitting for the clutch or more likley the throw out bearing. The clutch has a squeal when it is engaged and does not release.I have perform a varity of unstick that clutch tricks for the past month with no luck. Nothing worked so I ordered the parts and here I am ready to split this tractor.
Thanks for the advice on the oil pan. Was there a reason you move the front end of the split verses the rear end?
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top