Need 4 3/4 inch cast iron piston Help!

Craig Sneath

New User
Hi I have an antique fire truck (1923 Hale pumper) with an odd-ball engine. It was a strong runner until last month when it dropped a valve head and ruined a piston. I'm in need of a 4 3/4 inch cast iron piston. I'm looking for any information of what tractors might have used this size, and if anyone has a piston available. Thanks

Thanks, I'll check on this. The pin diameter is 1 1/4". Center of pin to top of piston is 2.575" and total piston height is 5 1/2". Of course I could make a bigger bushing if pin diameter was different. Do you have any dimentions for the Olver? Thanks again, Craig.

Thanks, but talking to someone who has worked on a lot of old vehicles he told me that the older blocks that are not sleeved run a lot hotter than a sleeved engine and the aluminum piston would expand differently with the heat. I'll keep that as a last resort.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back