need help 7610s

Deadeye1

New User
friend has a 7610S. i"m trying to help him but am in over my head. the three point lift will not go down. any ideas where to start?
 
Get a service manual. If you have one on the original 10 series, it will help quite a bit since the system theory is the same. A 40/TS series book would be correct also.

I'd suspect that the control valve is stuck. You could also check to see if the tractor has an Auxillary Services Valve (ASC) on the right upper part of the lift cover. If that's partly pulled out it may not allow the lift to drop. Check it... since I don't remember exactly for sure, but I think it will lock it up.
Otherwise it's most likely the control valve. Only real way to free it is removal of the lift cover or removal of the prioroty valve pack on the front of the lift cover, and that will make a BIG oily mess.

Rod
 
The early 7610 and others of the series Have external lift cylinders. The have a big splined shaft that goes threw the lift arms When not used much they fill in with dirt . the newer ones have zerks to be greased to push the dirt out . also the cylinders have a very tight dirt seal .put on some weight and run it up and down and keep spraying your favoite panther P and a lot of rust and dirt will come out of the big cross shaft .My brother has 1 and if it was mine it would be took apart and drilled for zerks. His is a real Pain that I would not put up with it would be fixed. MIKE
 
I agree with Rod.. sounds like a control valve.

I have a 7610s, and it does not have external cyls.. or an ASC valve.

I did have my top cover apart a few ys ago to find out why one of my remotes quit.. you have that pack up front of the seat and then the hyd hose to the remote packs in the back. Everything is big and heavy.. and you will need to pull the seat and the remotes to get at the top cover.. which by the way is way heavy. have an oring kit on hand when you do this.. my orings were well used looking and did not look like they could be re-used.. and no way I was doing that job twice.

soundguy
 
ALL 10 series tractors of Basildon design have an internal lift cylinder. ALL.
The only possible exceptions are the Italian mutts that they rebadged as Fords. I don't know what setup they have since I'm not overly familiar with Fiat tractors.
An external lift cylinder was at most an option on the 40/TS series tractors and probably more of a rare option on a basic spec tractor like the 10S series.
I'm not saying that it couldn't be at fault as you're suggesting, but if it was, one could simply disconnect the line from the cylinder and plug that line, then remove the cylinder and the arms should then fall when the control lever is lowered if the cylinder is to blame. Otherwise it's most likely a stuck control valve.

Rod
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top