NEED HELP - Oliver 550 PTO / Trans Seal kit P/N or specs

rallye_racer

New User
Hi Guys !
I need some Oliver 550 PTO related advice.

I have a 62' 550 with weak pto.
Lever works and activates it but clutch does not click into engagement (or it is a very weak click)
Pto turns but is very weak. I can hold it with my hand so to speak

Looking up into the frame from the access port below, it looks like the whole pto clutch is full of oil so it is slipping real bad. It probably have worn out friction plates anyway if I recall what prior owner told me. Anyway, new plates would slip with that amount of oil.

I did not Z-Split it yet. Would rather get all the parts prior to split to reduce the downtime.

I WOULD NEED THE SEALS P/N OR THE SIZING / CROSS REFERENCE OF ALL OF THEM (PTO clutch seal and transmission shafts seal or any seal I am able to replace to renew and stop the leak that is coming from the rear (engine clutch looks dry and operates fine)

Is there anybody here able to fwd me the info and maybe a scan of the parts manual pages ? I have the shop manual but it is not helpful.

I found a seal kit photo on google that is from 'everything oliver-white ebay store' but I was not able to get a reply and kit seems NLA. (see pic) Looks like 3 lip seal and 3 orings.

127727969_transmission-pto-clutch-seal-kit-oliver-550-tractor-ebay.jpg

Thanks for your help guys ! I am pretty new to the tractor scene. Having own that small workhorse for the last 4 yrs had prove me it deserves to be repaired and used as intented. I really like how small but strong this beast is !

Bye, Jason :)

Go to agcopartsbook dot com ,enter as a Guest,put 550 in the search box and it'll take you to all the schematics and part numbers. Everything is available from either AGCO or Sparex,and AGCO owns Sparex,so the AGCO dealer can get it all for you. Ag Parts First is also a Sparex dealer,or Kent Gordon in Palastine Texas can get anything for it for you.

(quoted from post at 06:18:53 06/14/19) Go to agcopartsbook dot com ,enter as a Guest,put 550 in the search box and it'll take you to all the schematics and part numbers. Everything is available from either AGCO or Sparex,and AGCO owns Sparex,so the AGCO dealer can get it all for you. Ag Parts First is also a Sparex dealer,or Kent Gordon in Palastine Texas can get anything for it for you.

OMG rrlund you made my day !!!! :) THANKS !!!!

? Look at the transmission/final drive oil level plug to the right of the PTO at the rear of your tractor. ? There is only one seal at the front of the transmission in the clutch housing that is below the oil level. ? That seal is internal at the front of the countershaft and seals between the inside of the countershaft and the long PTO shaft that passes through.

? Now I am not telling you to only replace that seal when you are in there, it will not hurt replacing the others. ? That countershaft/PTO shaft internal seal is overlooked by many and find that leak continues after replacing the seals that are easily seen. ? The PTO clutch hub has to come off, it is held by a spanner nut that you will either have to have the tool or will have to make one. ? The last one that I worked on, I welded two pieces of angle together then welded on keystock spaced to fit the cutouts in the nut.

(quoted from post at 14:28:17 06/14/19) ? Countershaft seal referred to in the reply below is Oliver #100 545-A or National #332 353

Wow thanks B A STAR for the info ! I'll change em all ! Cant afford to split often I need floor space for other jobs !

(reply to post at 14:28:17 06/14/19)
Hi B A Star !

I just saw that I lost the pto clutch adjustin nut lockpin (and it's spring probably)

How did that happened ? Whas the nut too loose (towards the front of the tractor) to allow for the pin to pop out ?

Do you know the spring P/N (i found the pin one)

Starting to feel like I'll have surprises when I'll finally split the 550.

THANKS !

I should have mentioned that the spring P/N was found in the Super55 parts book, could not find in the 550 parts on the AGCO site. Same # shows in the 1800 parts book so I think it is correct as the PTO clutches are very similar ( just more disks in the 1800) and the adjustments are made the same way.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back