Need help with Vicon mower

River Woods

New User
Hi, new member here, cause I need some help. My uncle gave me a Vicon CM205 mower missing some bearings on the outboard disc. It is in pretty good shape otherwise. I've done similar repairs on a disc mower before, so it seems like I should be able to tackle this one. I haven't been able to find any manuals or part lists for this model. I don't think they made very many of them.

I have the cutter bar opened up, and plan to replace all of the bearings on it, as it was somewhat exposed to the weather for a few years, and it seems like I should just do a complete rebuild while I have it apart. My issue is how do you remove the idler gears and bearings? There's limited clearance underneath the gears for a puller, and they appear to be on there pretty dang tight.

I'm beginning to think these are an interference fit, and the only hope of removal is with a flame wrench. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Tom in Oregon

Sorry but I don't have the manual. I've
never had mine apart so I know not how its
made.
Someone on here has suggestions how to get
them off.
C'mon people can we help him out?

Parts are available via your Kubota dealer. Kubota took over Vicon almost 10 years ago.
I will try to add a picture of the parts page of the cutterbar, but this forum did not accept my page upload I think. Will try again.

Thanks for the replies. The one video I've found used pry bars to pull them, but I didn't have any luck with that at all. I have gotten one off with the surgical use of a cut-off wheel, but I still need to try and get the outer race off the gear. I'm going to try heating the gear in the hopes the race will fall out, unless someone has a better suggestion.

Thanks.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back