need International Utility?

I have an 8 inch log chipper that weights approximately 1,000 pounds. Would like a International 300 Utility tractor or bigger to handle this chipper? Wondering if it can handle this weight? Thanks.

Robert
 
Yes. Will it be light in the front? Yes. Adding a weight bar and 400 pounds to the front is the answer. We pulled an 8 foot gang disk harrow on the fast hitch all its life (still alive!) with no weights. We were good with the wheel brakes, and were totally successful, but very lucky. The hitch will lift it like it was not there. Jim
 
Jim-I have the same disc, a f-85, I believe. Do you know the weight as I have always wondered how heavy it is? You're right-my 300u lifts it like nothing. Mark.
 
Thank you as my Farmall C will not pick this heavy log chipper, though it will chip the brush and logs when needed. I can jack the chipper up and it will stay up, but it is dangerous going up hill even though with wheel weights.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top