Neighbors!!!

We're in south Texas, between Austin and San Antonio. We're a bit elderly, 77 and 81. Our weather has been and IS NASTY! We had 6" or so of snow and some of it drifted to to 18". The temp. was about 6 degrees (F) this morning. I've been feeding my five draft horses grain each morning and my ten miniature Herefords cubes daily. I've been lucky cuz the diesel tractor started yesterday and I was able to put out a round bale for the animals and the four wheeler started both days for feeding the cubes to the cows.
The only source of heat in our home is electricity.
We have electricity most of the time. About a half-dozen outages per day, so far none longer than four hours. House has stayed quite comfortable.
BUT, we've had SO MANY neighbors check in on us. It just warms the heart. They aren't relatives and many don't live nearby, but they've gone out of their way to check in on us in person and via phone and via computer.
There are SO MANY WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD!!!
I've always enjoyed these forums for the info, the good comaraderie (sp?), sometimes the teasing and the people who appreciate what they have and each other.
GOD Bless y'all kelly

Sounds like you might be near New Braunfels. I have 2 sisters living there. We usually visit once per year. We were there a year ago and again this past October. Won't going again until we feel comfortable flying again. We both have had our nnalert injections and my older sister has had both, but baby sister and her husband have not.
BTW, my niece and her family are in Victoria and my nephew and his wife are in Bastrop.

He states in the first sentence that they are "a bit elderly" 77 and 81. so I expected to rad they got a "little snow , 24 inches" and a "little cold" minus 20F but he sailed on through

sounds good Kelly. we were without power a little over 24 hours and our water system froze up when the heaters lost power. finally on about 4 pm but can't drink it till it's tested. this is getting annoying. my generator and fireplace pulled is thru ---- so far

Our Fire dept. has an "official" list of elderly that we check on during severe weather events. I am officially on the list due to my age, but they haven't called yet because I am in the station 4-5 times a week anyway.

GordoSD, didnt mean to whine, but appreciate good people. I got rid of my snow shovels when I left S D over a quarter century ago. I do know winter and especially blizzards there can be tough. Once I left Sioux Falls on the Interstate toward Mitchell. It took me three hours and NEVER could I see the line on the edge of the road and the dotted line at the same time! (The Interstate was closed at Mitchell.)
Best wishes, Kelly

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back