Never say never!

1370rod

cvphoto116903.jpg

cvphoto116904.jpg

Not many years ago I swore I would never own anything other than a genuine Case tractor . Recuperating from a major surgery this fall and winter has given me time to research the DB tractors. I was impressed by what I read and learned of these tractors and the very strong following that they have. In January I added 2 of them to our stable, a 380CK and now a 1290. Kudos to the Case and DB team for upgrading and styling changes they made on the 90 series DB. Fit and finish is good and was put together in a manner making servicing rather easy. The old school styling of the prior DB units will remain the favorite of most and myself. Hope to get some pics of these guys working this year, Rod.

From your pictures, the tractor seems to look like it is in decent shape. What engine is in the 1290? I know nothing of these tractors. Good luck with it sir. Keep us updated with pictures and your progress please. Thank you. Kow Farmer Kurt

David Brown was an English gearbox and major gearing manufacturer. The old original black Ferguson ca 1936-9 was made by D-B
The entered their own version of a tractor during or after the second W war. The crop master was a good tractor with a funny looking winged
dash that had flared out semi orchard type of shield.
They made very good reliable tractors, finding an outlet with Case. They were as easy to work on as any of the newer tractors and
had well engineered components.
Wish I had an old crop master. Google can be a friend. key in D-B tractors for pictures and history
Kris

Kurt the 1290 is basically a restyled 990 DB with a DB 219 engine in the late ones as this is. In the Midwest we have seen very few of these tractors. In my 50 years of servicing Case tractors I had only worked on 4 until acquiring the 2 I have. So if you want information on these tractors I am not the guy to ask, lol. Rod.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back