Never-Seize vs Anti Seez


NEVER SEEZ is the brand name for one manufacturer's product, it is a brand of anti-seize, just as BUSH HOG is one manufacturer's brand name for a rotary mower/cutter. Many manufacturers produce an anti-seize, some have several types for different applications. I use whichever is available when I need to buy some (silver, copper, food grade, etc. depending on the application). They are all about the same if used according to the instructions, in my experience and opinion. YMMV

Here is an old post with some discussion on such.

https://forums.yesterdaystractors.c...&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
 
Will these products work on the bolts fastening exhaust manifold to head as well as EGR tubes and brackets that thread into the manifolds (small block Chevy here)? It doesnt sound like it in the attached link. I understand manifolds get up to about 1200 degrees. Product is rated at 1800 or 2000 depending on choice.

Thanks,
Glenn
 
I may have read the attached link too quickly.

Any product that keeps tubing threads free (EGR tubes) and small bracket bolts on manifolds for decades would be an amazing product.
 
(quoted from post at 17:57:12 10/30/23) I may have read the attached link too quickly.

Any product that keeps tubing threads free (EGR tubes) and small bracket bolts on manifolds for decades would be an amazing product.

That post was more or less a general discussion. You asked if there was a preference of Never-Seize vs Anti Seez. The answer to that was Never-Seez is a brand name of anti-seize. Now it looks like you are looking for high temperature performance.

As far as a high temperature product, do a web search for extreme high temperature anti-seize and find a number of products you can study the info on and choose from. Never-Seez makes some high temp grades, as do other anti-seize manufacturers. I won't try to say any one of them will keep EGR and manifold bolts/studs/ nuts free for a specific time, especially decades.
 
I have use many types, brands, of anti seize compound over the years. I cannot say one is better since years later, when I take something apart, I cannot remember which I used.

I will say I have never had it fail to work. Even on exhaust bolts.

I typically use actual Never-Sieze brand or Permatex Anti-Sieze Compound.
 
Ford 2000; 3 cyl. diesel; 8/2 Trans. I just used some silver anti-sized on some scrape blade plow bolts and my hands look like the tin man. That stuff gets onto everything. But, it sure works well.
 
For assemblies that operate at high temperatures, such as exhaust components and spark plugs, magnesium hydroxide solution is an effective anti-seize. Brush it onto the threads, and assemble wet.

Magnesium hydroxide should be readily available at drug stores, which sell it as Milk of Magnesia. UNflavored Milk of Magnesia.

I'll add that some folks let the MoM dry to a powder before assembly, but the military aircraft mechanics I've known and have talked to on the subject have recommended wet assembly.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top