New arrivals in the kingdom

jon f mn

Had a good weekend this week, got a lot done and the weather was good. Too bad it rained on my hay for 15 days straight. Oh well, would hate for everything to go well, I might start to get a positive attitude or something.

Anyway, Saturday I went 2 1/2 hours south west to pickup this corn dryer.

cvphoto58283.jpg

While I was there I spotted the hog feeder and made a deal on that too. After I got back I raked the crap hay so it will dry and I can get it off the field. Hope I can find a use for it.

Today I started by putting the dryer together. The top auger was off to make it short enough to pull down the road so that had to go back on. Then I needed to convert it back to pto drive as the farmer has put a 10hp electric motor on it to run it. I'm not sure how that worked as he hadn't hooked it up to run the recirculating, just the fan. So a trip to town for belts and some adjusting and everything is working as it should. Except the loading auger that is, he had converted that to unload with and put a motor on that too. So I'll just load with an auger or elevator. Here it is all set up and leveled.

cvphoto58284.jpg

The DC looks right at home there, she spent a lot of hours on that job when I was farming. We had a different one that we used for many years at home to run one just like it.

After that was done I had to grind a load of feed for the cows.

cvphoto58295.jpg

The 830 handles that real well. I will get a propane tank this week and then I should be able to start on corn. Last I checked it was at 27%, and the weather will be good for drying down this week. So if the propane gets set up I'll try to run a batch next weekend.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back