New body panel issues

I posted a short time ago about a great experience buying some parts from a supplier.

Well I had a terrible experience buying new replacement panels for my MF 35 from another supplier in the UK. I kept my original bonnet top as it just needed some sandblasting. The sides and front chin panel are in bad shape though. I purchased a set of side panels and bottom front chin panel along with a grille from the UK. The sides mounting holes did not line up at all with the bottom chin panel. IT was so bad not even half the hole would line up. Then the sides would not mate to the bottom panel correctly and the gaps were very bad.

I had to send photos of my attempt at assembling the panels and a short video. The supplier went out of their way to even bolt new panels together and send me photos by email. But the idiots never put anything or bubble wrap to separate the panels as how the first shipment arrived. So the second set of panels were piled one on top of each other in the box and you can imagine the journey across the pond to the east coast of Canada. I opened the box. Bubble wrap on the sides and the top but nothing in between. Don't get me wrong, I understand the panels need prep work before paint but to have panels scratched up and with gouges is not acceptable.

I notified the supplier immediately with photos by email. I have not heard anything back yet due to Easter holidays.

Today my father and I assembled the scratched replacement panels and we tried our best to mount them to the bonnet top. There is no way these panels line up with my bonnet top. The lines are all wrong and they just don't fit without some serious beating, bending, cutting, welding and grinding. Now the funny part of this entire transaction is that I inquired about the panels before I bought any. I was informed by email that their panels are made exclusively for them and that they are the best on the market as everyone else sells rubbish. They emailed me telling me that they never have any complaints or returns and that I will have to do nothing in way of fitting. LMAO!

[b:243a3cc297]Don't buy panels from AGRILINE.[/b:243a3cc297]

Does anyone know of a supplier that sells good panels for a 1964 MF 35 -3 cylinder Perkins? Stuff that lines up and fits? People are restoring these MF 35 tractors and there has to be some good products out there.

Scott

47843.jpg
47844.jpg
47845.jpg
[/quote]ttps://forumphotos.yesterdaystractors.com/photos/47846.jpg[/img]

That's pretty bad! I've hade pretty good luck with panels from A&I, but they still needed a little tweaking to fit properly. I have yet to find any aftermarket body panels that didn't need some kind of work to fit right.

Yeah these panels are bad and I have 2 sets here. The gaps you see in the photos where the side panel meets the bonnet top is them bolted together. In order to close the gap I would have to drill new holes and they still wouldn't fit properly. Just a bunch of headaches with this junk.

I have no idea about Vapormatic or Sparex or QTP (Quality Tractor Parts) I don't know which are better.

A&I doesn't have any body panels for a MF 35 listed on their website.

I feel like just ordering new Sparex parts from the local AGCO dealer and when they arrive show up with my bonnet top and if the panels don't fit good I'll tell them to keep their junk too. Very frustrating!

I can only comment on the posts of other enthusiasts I know who have bought parts from Agriline , I have never had the guts to try them myself . Almost without variation each of these members , from three separate forums who has used Agriline's services has found the parts to be defective . This includes panels and engine parts as well as ancillaries . When they have complained the standard answer is much as you have received , ' No one else has ever complained ' making the poor customer doubt themselves and their skills . Oil pumps that shear impeller pins , cylinder liners with pin holes and water pumps with defective seals are just a few problems encountered.
They are the bottom of the quality list of known parts suppliers and are known by many who have used them as '' Agro Line '' because of the trouble they cause .
You are not alone , try to get your money back if you can , nothing they supply as a replacement will be any better .

Yeah went through about 3 months of complaining about having received the wrong tach cable for a standard. Finally giving them the correct thread size they changed the part# and sent the
right one.

Has anyone tried the metal this site sells? Think it's sparex stuff but not sure. At some point i need to replace some metal on my machine.

Hi and welcome to AGRILINE the company were nothing fits. In there latest caterlog the say that the MF35 bonnet side panels have been redeveloped exclusively for Agriline. The MF35 4cyl tractors have diffrent side panels to the 3cyl tractors and we have had this problem foa a long while. Most of the bonnet panels coming into the UK are made in Turkey and some are better than others. Most of the tractor parts suppliers in the UK are lads with many years experiance but Agriline is young lads who lack that experance. Hope you get it sorted, MJ

Welcome to the world of the auto body tech from 1980,s and for at least 26 years after before they finally got their heads out of their rear orifices. Worse yet , the insurance industry bought their "crap" and would only pay for aftermarket on certain age cars/trucks. THEN..they came out with CAPA Certified parts (read "new & improved") ...just another way to apease the insurance industry for a few more years/$$$$ . In other words, if it was 4 yrs old the customer wasn't supposed to care any more whether it was right or not. Bottom line is, it WILL be junk until the buying public demands better, just like most things in this world anymore. It's well worth it to scrounge the salvage yards and get OEM parts even if they need a little work, at least they are correct fit. Like buying a JD throttle shaft that looks real nice/shiny in pics but put it in and now throttle plate is only 3/4 open at wide open throttle. Just plain JUNK.

FYI, in November 2010 Sparex was bought by AGCO (Massey Ferguson). Yesterdays Tractor is supposed to sell a lot of parts they don't have listed online.

Hello Charles,
Does Agriline have an outlet in Australia or do you order from the UK. I have no connection with Agri-line other than
using their parts regularly in the course of my repairs. I also use Bepco and occasionally Sparex supplied through
Malpas Tractors Online or my local NH agent.
In fairness to Agri-line I have not had much in the way of problems with their parts in general. Sadly the whole non-
genuine parts market suffers from correct dimensioning in a lot of sheet-metal parts. As has been mentioned many of
the parts originate from Turkey or the Asian countries and I suspect that most are little more than hand
rolled/beaten/pressed. There is plenty of scope here for errors even from their 'standard' dimensions. As most people
will have seen the metal is nowhere near as thick as it used to be. These manufacturers still have a long way to go
to get to the improved quality that auto-panel manufacturers have had to.
Many products supplied by different suppliers will undoubtedly originate the same back-street factory. It is only
down to experience that we can find if there is a quality difference in parts supplied from Fred's Parts and Bill's
Parts.
DavidP, South Wales

U R in New Brunswick right? YT won't? don't usually? send into Canada itself, but if you can get stuff shipped to an address in Maine, YT might be able to keep you going for the long run. For used tin and heavy things in Canada, Fawcett's in St Mary's Ontario always has tons of MF stuff.

Tony in Mass, what brand panels does YT carry? I can ship to the Maine border but won't bother if the panels are no better then any other supplier.

Do you have any experience with some of the brand name panels out there? I'm trying to figure out what are the best. I hear Vapormatic is the best but i have no idea if it's true.

I wonder if buying a complete new bonnet is the way to go instead of trying to fit panels to my original bonnet top or am I going to have new side panels fitting the same brand bonnet top. Geez these suppliers must have their panel work fitting together by simply bolting together.

David,

With your experience, what's my best bet for getting new panels to work with my original bonnet top? What brand should i buy? Or is it better to buy a complete new bonnet? Are there any issues with buying a new complete bonnet such as air cleaner hole lining up, radiator clearance when opening the bonnet or issues matching up to the instrument panels?

My bottom front chin panel is rotted too bad to salvage. I know i have to at least buy that. My grille is a write off too. My sides are probably salvageable with lots of cutting and welding and bending. I would rather just buy new panels and bolt in.

This project with my father was suppose to be fun and bring back memories for him. The years are creeping up on him. 72 years old yesterday but this entire project is a pain in my a$$.

I don't order from the David , probably a wise thing I suppose .
No outlet in Australia , the enthusiasts I know personally who have used them order directly .
You are of course correct saying that all parts suppliers have some trouble , I have received incorrect wheel bearings from Sparex , along with new standard sized crank bearings for my FE35 that were actually 1 thousandth of an inch thiner than the original and 60 year old worn ones .
It seems though that Agriline stocks more bad parts than any other supplier . When you couple this with the cost and difficulty, as well as time in shipping to Australia it isn't hard to understand people's frustration .

MJ in the UK

From your experience what brands are the best or what supplier should I be in touch with? Yesterday's Tractor doesn't ship to Canada. When they do i will try their parts.

I have no idea, they got a toll free number, call em.
Click on the 'tractor parts' box above, in the dark bar, click the brand and model and see what's there.
Inno on here is just over the border in Ont. just above international falls, MN, so he has YT stuff shipped there. He taught me this trick, so we both could make the lives of all fergie owning Canuks easier....

(quoted from post at 17:04:33 04/16/17) I have no idea, they got a toll free number, call em.
Click on the 'tractor parts' box above, in the dark bar, click the brand and model and see what's there.
Inno on here is just over the border in Ont. just above international falls, MN, so he has YT stuff shipped there. He taught me this trick, so we both could make the lives of all fergie owning Canuks easier....

Tony, do you have any contact information for Sam Neil from Ireland, Samn40 on the forum. I was informed he sells new panels or may know where to get some good stuff?

Thanks

Scott

I have it, but can't bring it up on this new laptop i got. Some one on here will know, or see if you can private message him thru here.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back